How do I turn in my badge?

You have three options for returning your badge:1. Turn your badge into your supervisor or company’s human resources representative. 2. Drop it off yourself at the Badging Office or in the 24-hour drop box outside of the Badging Office. Fill out the envelope provided at the box, swipe the badge on the reader, and drop the badge in the box. Please use a separate envelope for each badge. 3. Mail it to the Badging Office at the address below. This address is also located on the back of your badge:Airport Police DepartmentMSP International Airport4300 Glumack Drive, LT – 3255St. Paul MN 55111

When do I need to turn in my badge?

Badges must be deactivated immediately upon job separation (including terminations, retirements, and resignations). Badges must be returned to the Badging Office within 10 days of employee termination, retirement, resignation, or expiration, or the company will be charged a $200 non-return badge fee.

What do I do if I forgot my badge at home?

You must go get your badge. If you are a badge holder, you must have your badge to access your secured work area. No passes or escort privileges are extended to badge holders who forget their badge.

Is the Badging Office staff able to give me my fingerprint clearance?

No, your company is responsible for notifying you of fingerprint clearance. All signers can view clearance information on the portal.

My company has instructed me to pick up my badge, how do I do that?

The Badging Office offers badge pickups Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., for applicants that do not need to attend SIDA class. It is first-come, first-served. Check in at the front desk.

When can I take SIDA training and do I need to register?

SIDA class is an online-based program offered on a on a first-come, first-served basis Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Employees arriving at 1:30 p.m. or after will not be admitted. You do not need to register. The learn center is located around the left corner of the front desk. Take a seat and follow the instruction sheet provided at each workstation. You cannot take SIDA training until you have cleared the background check process; contact the Primary Signer from your company if you are unsure.

What should I bring to SIDA class?

All attendees must present a government-issued photo identification in order to take the class. If you're upgrading your badge, check in at the front desk to submit your paperwork before taking the class.

How long will it take for my clearance to come through?

The time frame can vary based on each applicant's situation, but clearance typically takes three to seven business days (MAC-observed holidays not included). Applicants who were born outside of the U.S. or who have a criminal history may take longer to clear.

I don't have a SIDA badge, but am told I need to upgrade to SIDA; how do I do this?

You will need a new badge application, completed with your Authorized Signer, and an appointment to upgrade your badge. You will also need two forms of ID. At your appointment, you'll submit your new application and IDs to take the SIDA and MSP Nice training courses. After successful completion, you'll receive your new SIDA badge.

I have moved, what do I need to do?

You must provide the Badging Office with your new address within 10 days of moving. You can email the new information to badging@mspmac.org. Please include your first and last name, birth date, and badge number in the email.

I have changed my name, what do I need to do?

You must come to the Badging Office to update your badge within 10 days of a name change. Two acceptable IDs with the new name must be presented, along with the Badging Application. In addition, we recommend submitting name change documents such as marriage or divorce documents or court documents.

I need to get into an area that I do not have access to, how do I request access?

Talk to your authorized signer, who can submit a request through the portal. The Badging Office does not approve, remove or add access. Requesting access does not guarantee that it will be given.

Can I still come to work at the airport while I am waiting for my fingerprints to clear?

No, you must wait until you obtain your badge. You may not be escorted or obtain a concourse pass while you are in the badging process.

If I already have a badge, but want to add a company or remove a company, what do I do?

Any time you make a change to your badge, you need to visit the Badging Office with two valid forms of identification and a complete application for each company that you will be working for.

I arrived late for my appointment, now what?

If you are late for your appointment, you may have the option to join the walk-in queue if it is open. Otherwise, you will need to make a new appointment or join the walk-in queue another day.

How do I cancel a future appointment?

Instructions are included in the confirmation text you received when the appointment was made. Do not delete the text. You may reply to the text message with a “C” to cancel the appointment.

What forms of payment do you accept?

For applicants who are required to pay for badging services, the Badging Office accepts checks and most major credit cards. We encourage companies to sign up for monthly billing.

Where should I park when visiting the Badging Office?

The Badging Office is located on Level 3 of the Hub Building at Terminal 1, between the Red and Blue ramps in General Parking. We recommend parking in the Red or Blue ramps on Level 4 or above. (Levels 2 and 3 are generally not available to the public.)

Employee Parking

What should I do if my car was towed?

If your car is towed, contact Mark's Towing at 651-454-1533.

Can I share my ZipPass for parking?

No. ZipPasses are issued to one person, and they are the only person authorized to use it.

Can I park overnight in the ramp with my ZipPass?

Only if you are working an overnight shift.

Where is the employee parking in the Terminal 2 ramp?

Employee parking at Terminal 2 is in the Value Ramp on Levels 5-8.

Can I use my ZipPass to park when I'm traveling?

No, unless you are traveling on business. Your ZipPass is only for use while you are at work.

What do I do if I forgot my ZipPass?

Either return to pick it up or pay to park. No refunds are given for forgotten or missing ZipPasses.

What do I do if I can't exit the parking ramp?

Push the "call for assistance" button.

How do I sign up for employee parking?

See your company parking representative. They will request a ZipPass for you and inform you of the regulations.

General Information

What are the hours of MSP?

MSP is open 24/7/365.

I need to request or turn in keys, how do I do that?

Keys are maintained by MAC Facilites. To request keys, submit the MAC Lock & Key Request Form to mac-keyrequests@mspmac.org.

What hours is the MAC Landside Office open?

The MAC Landside Office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; it is closed on Tuesdays from 8 to 10 a.m.

What waste materials are recycled at MSP?

The recycling program at MSP accepts cardboard, paper products (newspapers, magazines, office paper, etc.), metal cans, glass and plastic bottles, used cooking oil, and food waste and organics (currently available in limited areas only).

Minimum Wage Ordinance

What is the MSP Airport Minimum Wage Ordinance?

The MSP Airport Minimum Wage Ordinance sets a new hourly minimum wage for certain work ​performed at Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) International Airport.

How much is the minimum wage?

The MSP Airport Minimum Wage Ordinance sets an hourly minimum wage of $15.00 an hour as of July 1, 2022.

When does the Ordinance take effect?

The MSP Airport Minimum Wage Ordinance is effective December 1, 2020; however, the wage requirements are effective on the dates specified below:On January 1, 2021, the hourly minimum wage shall be $13.25.On July 1, 2021, the hourly minimum wage shall be $14.25. On July 1, 2022, the hourly minimum wage shall be $15.00.

What are wages?

A wage is the amount of money an employer pays an employee for work they perform for the employer. The term wage does not include health insurance or other benefits provided to employees.

Do tips count toward the minimum wage?

No. No employer at MSP Airport may directly or indirectly credit, apply, or use tips or gratuities toward payment of the minimum wage set by the MSP Airport Minimum Wage Ordinance.

Which employers at MSP Airport are exempt from the MSP Airport Minimum Wage Ordinance?

(a) The United States government (including FAA, TSA, CBP, etc). (b) The State of Minnesota, including any office, department, agency, authority, institution, association, society or other body of the state, including the legislature and the judiciary. (c) Any county or local government, except the Metropolitan Airports Commission. (d) Providers with certificates issued by the United States Department of Labor or the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry for purposes of subminimum wage payments pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 177.28 and Minnesota Rules part 5200.0030, but only to the extent of the workers specifically covered by the subminimum wage certificate.

What if I work for two or more MSP Airport employers?

All MSP Airport employers must follow the MSP Airport Minimum Wage Ordinance, unless noted as otherwise in the Ordinance, however not all employees are covered by the wage requirements of the Ordinance. See question 10.

What if an employer is based outside of MSP airport, but the employee works at MSP?

An employee who is based outside the Airport and performs work at the Airport on an occasional basis is covered by the Ordinance if the employee in a particular workweek performs at least 2 hours of work for an employer within the geographic boundaries of the Airport.

What do I do if my employer refuses to pay the minimum wage?

An employee or other person may report to the Metropolitan Airports Commission Vice President of Human Resources & Labor Relations any suspected violation of the Minimum Wage Ordinance. A report can be made any one of the following ways: Call: 612‐726‐8196 Email: minimumwage@mspmac.org Send a letter: 6040 28th Avenue South, Minneapolis 55450

Does the minimum wage apply to every employee that works at MSP Airport?

No. Government employees are generally not covered, as described in question 6. In addition, only MSP Airport employees who perform services that materially affect the traveling public who use the passenger terminals of the airport are covered by the Ordinance. For more information, see examples of the type of job classifications that are covered by the Ordinance.

Can an employer request the minimum wage requirements be waived?


Are collective bargaining agreements exempt?


Are employers required to post notices?

Yes. Every employer shall post a notice, in a conspicuous place at every workplace or job site where any employee works, informing employees of the current minimum wage rate and their rights under the Ordinance.

What documents or records are employers required to keep?

An employer must create and retain records documenting the wages paid to each employee. These records must be retained for a period of not less than 3 years from the date the hours were worked.

How will the minimum wage ordinance be enforced?

If an employer is found to have violated the Ordinance, the Metropolitan Airports Commission Vice President of Human Resources & Labor Relations will notify the employer that they must stop engaging in the violation of the ordinance and may order them to pay the employee the amount they are owed for work they performed after the Ordinance went into effect (the difference between the wage paid and the wage the employee should have been paid for the hours they worked during that period), compensation for the financial or other damages an employee may have incurred because of the employer’s violation, and/or payment of a civil penalty of up to $1,000 for each violation.

I want to report a violation, but I am afraid of retaliation. What should I do?

Employers are prohibited from retaliating against employees who report a violation of the Ordinance. Employers who retaliate under the Ordinance are subject to having to pay monetary damages. An employee or other person may report to the Metropolitan Airports Commission Vice President of Human Resources & Labor Relations any suspected violation of the Ordinance in one of the ways identified in question 9.

Where can I get more information?

You can find more information about the minimum wage ordinance on myMSPconnect or read the full text of the ordinance. You can also send written requests to the Vice President of Human Resources & Labor Relations at 6040 28th Ave S., Minneapolis, MN 55450 or via email minimumwage@mspmac.org.