Badge Procedures

Badge Procedures

Obtaining and Renewing Your Badge

Badge holders should renew their badge BEFORE it expires. You have 30 days prior to the expiration date to renew your badge.

Learn More
Badge Deactivation and Returns

Notify the Badging Office directly to report badge deactivations. Badges must be deactivated immediately upon job separation (including terminations, retirements, and resignations).

Learn More
Lost Badge

Losing an MSP badge can be a very challenging time for employees when they don’t know what to expect. Here’s a short checklist for you to complete before replacing the badge at the MSP Airport Badging Office.

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

You must go get your badge. If you are a badge holder, you must have your badge to access your secured work area. No passes or escort privileges are extended to badge holders who forget their badge.

You have three options for returning your badge:1. Turn your badge into your supervisor or company’s human resources representative. 2. Drop it off yourself at the Badging Office or in the 24-hour drop box outside of the Badging Office. Fill out the envelope provided at the box, swipe the badge on the reader, and drop the badge in the box. Please use a separate envelope for each badge. 3. Mail it to the Badging Office at the address below. This address is also located on the back of your badge:Airport Police DepartmentMSP International Airport4300 Glumack Drive, LT – 3255St. Paul MN 55111

The Badging Office offers badge pickups Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., for applicants that do not need to attend SIDA class. It is first-come, first-served. Check in at the front desk.

You must provide the Badging Office with your new address within 10 days of moving. You can email the new information to Please include your first and last name, birth date, and badge number in the email.

You must come to the Badging Office to update your badge within 10 days of a name change. Two acceptable IDs with the new name must be presented, along with the Badging Application. In addition, we recommend submitting name change documents such as marriage or divorce documents or court documents.